GO GREEN – SUSTAINABILITY
- Durable / sustainable product – long lasting and reusable for many years
- Up to 50% made from recycled Spiegelau crystal glass within our factories.
- Crystal glass is inert and does not react with substances or materials that comes into contact with (in contrast to plastic which, for example can release Bisphenol A (BPA)).
- Production processes are completely BPA-free (no plastic).
- Our crystal glass is compliant with all known migration limits and is fully certified for safe usage with food and drinks.
- 100% recyclable.
- Green Dot certified (production sites Germany – the company is committed to recovery and recycling)
- 45% FSC® - Forest Stewardship Council
- Reclay whole system (production sites Austria)
- We work with sustainability committed suppliers only.
- Implemented environment certificates ISO 14001: 2015 and ISO 50001: 2011.
- Main raw materials are locally sourced e.g. quartz sand from Hirschau (short transport routes)
- Energy-saving projects include compressed air, burner technology, energy efficient drives, LED lighting, waste heat recovery, water saving measures
- Substitution of hazardous substances with more environmentally friendly options.